Elks 797 GC & Lodge Staff, Members & Guests
First of all, everyone here at the Elks 797 GC & Lodge are wishing everyone a healthy next few weeks as we navigate through this difficult time and the coronavirus (COVID-19). As it continues to evolve, we have to do the same. TAKING CARE OF OUR GUESTS health and well-being will be the number one priority as we move forward.
The spread of COVID-19 has really caught our attention and myself as well as our Superintendent of the golf course want to let you know we will be doing all we can to ensure safety for our employees and guests. To update everyone on the “Stay at Home Order”, with confirmation from the governor’s office, the GCGA and the USGA. golf courses are allowed to remain open for play under Section 5, Part C of the Stay at Home Order. With that being said we do have to comply with Social Distancing to better enhance staying healthy.
Here are some details of how we plan to keep the GOLF COURSE safe:
- Limited Hours for the Pro Shop, as of now we will be opening at 9:00 AM and remain open until 5:00 PM. This will be seven days a week, until the Stay at Home order is lifted.
- At this time only (during the order), we will allow a single cart per person to ensure Social Distancing, as this is an increase on our end for expenses, we want to ensure your safety.
- Golf Carts will be disinfected after each use.
- Please leave all pins in the hole, DO NOT take them out!
- If in need of a cooler, we will be using Plastic Bags to take on the course, please make sure to find a trash can to dispose of the bag once finished.
- All bunker rakes will be removed from the golf course.
Here are some details of how we plan to keep the LODGE BAR & GRILL safe:
- Limited Hours for the Bar & Grill, as of now we will be opening at 10:30 AM and remain open until 2:00 PM. This will be Monday through Friday ONLY. With this order in effect, our Full Swing Golf Simulators will be closed.
- All doors and hardware, light switches, bathrooms, tables and more will be disinfected constantly throughout the day. Our kitchen staff will use gloves for the entire lunch hours while preparing food.
How can YOU help everyone stay safe?
- If you have a cough, sneeze or runny nose, STAY HOME!
- Inform the golf course staff when you finish your round so we can disinfect the golf carts.
- Do not touch light switches and make sure to use our antiseptic hand soap and sanitizer on property.
- Wash your hands for a minimum of 20 seconds, per the CDC.
Thank you for the constant effort to keep everyone safe at this time! That should be everyone’s number one priority.
Randall Davis, General Manager
Elks 797 GC & Lodge